In normal times our school has many connections with local sports clubs and national organisations. Due to Covid-19 restrictions this year, this was limited to the following organisations.
- Kildare GAA: The GAA development officer John Doran has coached all of our Junior Infants to 2nd Class this year.
- Clane Athletics Club: The Athletic club has organised access for us to their brand new running track behind our school. We can use this for our PE classes and for the couch to 5k programme.
In the past we have linked in with the following groups and organisations and we look forward to further developing these partnerships when the restrictions allow.
- Kildare Sports Partnership: Kildare Sports Partnership held a training course in the school for our staff to update our coaching qualifications. They also funded our pitch rental for the Kildare Hockey Blitz, organised by our school.
- Hockey: Irish hockey captain Megan Frazer has come to our school as a guest coach and speaker for our hockey team. Irish Hockey Association Leinster Development Officer, Kenny Carroll provided a taster session for our 4th and 6th class girls during Active Schools Week.
- SpikeBall: The school has worked in partnership with Scoil Mhuire. Having completed a coaching course, transition year students from Scoil Mhuire provided coaching for our 6th class students, culminating in an end of term blitz.
- Tag Rugby: Leinster rugby coaches have provided training to our senior classes. We have participated in the all-girls blitz in Santry organised by Leinster rugby.
- ParkRun: We have worked in conjunction with our local ParkRun in Castletown House, to promote our couch to 5k initiative.
- Golf: The Golf4girls initiative based in Carton House, has come to our school to provide taster sessions for our girls.
- Tennis: The local tennis club has invited our 5th class students to come to the Tennis club to use the facilities and has provided coaching for the girls.
- Clane Athletics Club: The athletics club donated equipment to our school in 2017 to further promote the sport in our school.