Meet the Parents’ Association and Contact Us
- All parents/ guardians of children attending Scoil Bhríde are automatically members of the Parents’ Association.
- All parents are elected each year into Officer roles at the Annual General Meeting, held in September.
- All officer roles are held by a parent for no more than 3 years.
Parents’ Association 2016-2017
Committee Members – Officers:
- Chairperson – Mandy Connolly
- Vice Chairperson – Collette O’Byrne
- Secretary –Jenny Mousley
- Vice Secretary – Ciara Early
- Treasurer – Eileen O’Sullivan
- Vice Treasurer – Liz Dagg
- Minutes Secretary – Grainne O’Neill
- Vice Minutes Secretary – Siobhan O’Brien
- Teachers’ Rep – Sinead Barrett (2016-2017)
- Michelle Conlon
- Mandy Connolly
- Agnieszka Czarnecka
- Liz Dagg
- Natasha Dempsey
- Ciara Early
- Sara Gorman
- Colette Hawkins
- Marina Jordan
- Gintaras Kiksininkas
- Rita Mackey
- Kathleen Massey
- Jenny Mousley
- Siobhan O’Brien
- Colette O’Byrne
- Grainne O’Neill
- Sharon O’Rourke
- Eileen O’Sullivan
- Sylvia Waters
Email – PA@scoilbhrideclane.ie
Comments or questions are welcome.
- International research has shown that when parents are involved in their child’s educational life, their children achieve better outcomes through their school years.
- Most schools have a parents’ association (PA) which is the formal way parents can get involved in their child’s school. The parents association may organise social activities for parents and children and these can be an excellent way to get to know other parents and find out more about the school.
- The PA may also organise extra-curricular activities such as drama or music lessons after school for the children. Some PA’s will organise book rental schemes, or second hand book schemes which are of benefit to all parents. They often host celebration parties for the First Communion or Confirmation.
- The PA is the group who will be consulted with regard to the development and review of school polices such as anti bullying policy, code of behaviour etc. They may also organise activities to raise funds for the school.
INTEL Volunteer Programme
The school is registered to participate in this programme.
Intel employees who are parents of children in the school, when volunteering anytime in the school/activities, Intel will donate $10 per hour. Please contact the school for further details.