For the last 14 years the Parish of Clane & Rathcoffey have been involved in the Team Hope Shoe Box Appeal. Please see the video link below.
The Parish team will be dropping leaflets on this into us later on this week or next week. These shoe boxes can be dropped into the Parish Hall on Saturday 17th November or into the school until Wednesday 14th November when they will be collected by the Parish Team. There is no obligation on anyone to participate in this project.
Here are the details from the Parish Team in Clane and Rathcoffey:
Our parish will again this year take part in the Team Hope Christmas Shoebox Appeal and organise collection of gift filled shoeboxes. This is the 14th year that our parish has participated in the shoebox appeal, having sent approx. 12,000 boxes to Eastern Europe, Haiti and Africa.
With the help of our community we can show kindness and give a child their Christmas of a lifetime. These are forgotten children in some of the most remote and poorest parts of the world; victims of war, disease or poverty, children living on the edge. Your shoebox will bring a little hope, a lot of laughter and smiles to children who have very little. A shoebox won’t change everything, but it will do far more than we could ever imagine, by bringing Christmas to children who have never experienced anything like it before.
What do I do?
Fill an average sized shoebox with gifts for a child and drop these boxes into the parish centre Clane (the old convent) on Saturday November 17th from 10:00 to 3:00pm. The boxes are then sealed and delivered to the drop-off centre.
- Cover the box in Christmas paper making sure that you wrap the lid and box separately.
- Decide whether your gift will be for a BOY or a GIRL, and which age category.
Stick this label to the outside of the lid
- Fill the shoe box with your gift
- Please enclose €4 in an envelope or donate online. Place the envelope inside the box and on the top so that it is clearly visible when it is opened. (Your €4 goes towards the transport, processing and distribution costs of running the project).
- Secure the lid with an elastic band, and do not seal the box, as it will need to be checked to ensure it meets customs requirements.
We always need boxes for both boys & girls aged 10 – 14. Please, if you so wish personalise your box by including a Christmas card and/or photo.
Bernie & Edel